Face The Truth
EFFECTIVE DATE September 5, 2018
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Types of Information That May Be Collected
Information You Provide to Us
Information We Collect Automatically on the Website.
Information from Other Sources
Send to a Friend
Methods We May Use to Collect Information
Do Not Track
How We Use the Information Collected
With Whom Information May Be Shared
With Your Consent
Production Partners and Other Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Sweepstakes, Contest & Promotions
Legal Protection and Law Enforcement
Protection of Our Web Site and Users
Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
Updating Your Information and Opting Out of Email Communications
Social Networking Services
Important Notice Regarding Public Areas of the Web Site and User Content
Third-Party Content and Links to Other Web Sites
Consent to Transfer
Protection of Information
A Special Note for Parents Concerning Privacy
California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Return to Top
- We may collect information about you in a variety of ways, including: when you provide information to us directly,automatically as you use the Web Site, and from third-party sources.
- We primarily use the information collected from you in order to allow you to participate in the Web Site and to communicate information and offers to you (on the Web Site and elsewhere online). We may share your personal information under certain limited circumstances, such as with vendors providing services to us or for legal compliance. We may also share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes where you have consented to such sharing. For more details, click here. California residents should also review the "Your California Privacy Rights"section of this policy.
- We work with third-party service providers, including CBS Interactive, to serve and analyze advertisements on the Web Site and elsewhere online and to provide us with information regarding use of the Web Site. Analytics providers, ad network providers, ad agencies, advertisers and similar third parties may set and access their own tracking devices (including cookies and web beacons) and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you and your visits to the Web Site or other online services. Such information may be used to display targeted ads to you. For more information, including opt-out options that may be available to you, please review the “Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services” section below.
- When you view video content on the Web Site, share information through a social-networking feature on the Web Site, or post to one of the Web Site’s Public Areas, third parties may have access to information on what videos you have watched. For more information, please see our Video Services Policy.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable procedures to help protect your information, but please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide us with information through the Web Site, including the following:
- Personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you as a specific person, such as your name, e-mail address, cell phone number, and physical address;
- Demographic information, such as gender, zip code, information regarding your education or number of children, or similar information; and
- Other information about yourself, such as your interests or preferences.
- You may also be asked to choose a user name and password in order to identify yourself during future visits to the Web Site. Do not use your real name or the name of any other actual person as your user name.
Providing us with information about yourself is your choice, and you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Web Site’s features.
Note that we may de-identify personal information we have received, turning it into non-personal information. This is sometimes accomplished using a mathematical process (commonly known as a hash function) to convert information into a code. The code does not identify you directly, but it may be used to connect your activity and interests.
Information We Collect Automatically on the Web Site
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Web Site, including:
- Information about your device, including device type and settings, and browser type and operating system;
- Web sites or other services you visited before and after visiting the Web Site;
- Areas of the Web Site with which you interact, advertisements you view, and links you click on within the Web Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is a number automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet, or another unique identifier for the device you use to access the Web Site (e.g. Apple’s Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Google’s Android Advertising ID (AAID)). IP address can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area.
- Information about your internet connection (e.g., mobile operator, ISP, WiFi connection).
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies.
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
When analyzed, this usage information helps us determine how visitors arrive at the Web Site, what type of content is most popular, what type of content you may find most relevant and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising.
Information from Other Sources
Send to a Friend
If you send a friend a communication from the Web Site, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.) is used on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose, unless we obtain additional consent from that person.
METHODS WE MAY USE TO COLLECT INFORMATION
The Web Site and any communications sent by the Web Site may contain electronic images (generally, single-pixel “.gif” images) called “web beacons.” These web beacons allow Company and third parties to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of the web page, web-based document, e-mail message, or other communication, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, a unique identifier of the device that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed.
An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Web Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Web Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
DO NOT TRACK
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, this Web Site does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track,” please visit “All About Do Not Track” at www.allaboutdnt.com/.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information we collect may be used to:
- Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of us or third parties;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in Web Site features, such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes/contests, and Public Areas (defined below);
- Analyze the use of Web Site and information about visitors to our Web Site to understand and improve our service offerings and for other internal business purposes;
- Customize the advertising and content you see, both on the Web Site and elsewhere online;
- Evaluate you for a possible invitation to be a guest on Face The Truth Show;
- Generate topics for The Doctors Show;
- Determine whether we may offer you a reservation to be an audience member at Face The Truth Show; and
- For other purposes disclosed when you provide your information.
Please note that information submitted to the Web Site via a “Contact Us,” or other similar mechanism will not necessarily receive a response. We will not use any such information you provide for marketing purposes unrelated to your request, although we may contact you regarding your submission or being a guest on Face The Truth show.
WITH WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
With your Consent
Production partners and other third parties providing services on our behalf
We may share personal information with production partners and other third parties performing functions on our behalf; examples include vetting potential guests for Face The Truth, hosting or operating the Web Site, sending e-mail and/or other communications, providing wireless services, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, and customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purpose of performing such functions on our behalf.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotion, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion.
We may share your information, including personal information, in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of Web Site or Company, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, and including any due diligence process.
Legal Protections and Law Enforcement
We may disclose information about our users, including personal information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures (e.g., at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation); and to comply with other legal obligations. We may also use device identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Protection of Our Web Site and Users
We may disclose information to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of us and our partners and their employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcing our agreements), and to protect the safety and security of users of the Web Site and members of the public.
We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and web site usage information with third parties in our discretion.
THIRD-PARTY AD SERVING & AUDIENCE AND TRAFFIC MEASUREMENT SERVICES
Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Web Site and other websites and services and may use this information to target advertising to you. These third parties may collect information through their own cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies, and may otherwise collect or have access to information about you (such as usage information and device identifier), in an effort to understand your interests and deliver advertisements that are tailored to your interests. Some of these parties may collect personal information over time when you visit the Web Site or other online websites and services
Cookies and web beacons, including without limitation those set by third-party network advertisers, may be used to (among other things): target advertisements, prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, and conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
We use a variety of service providers to perform advertising and analytics services. Some of these companies may offer you a way to choose not to have your information used for advertising purposes.
- You may learn more about opting out of certain information use practices by CBS Interactive by visiting www.cbsinteractive.com/legal/cbsi/privacy-policy/business-partner-ad-opt-out.
- In addition, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which offers a single location to opt out of receiving tailored ads from member companies. To opt out of information collection by NAI member companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit the NAI consumer opt out page.
- Also, through the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different Web Sites. To learn more and make choices about interest-based ads from participating third parties, please visit the DAA consumer opt out page.
- Third-party market research services, such as Nielsen, may access information about you through your social networking services. You can prevent Nielsen from receiving any data from Facebook that includes information identifying you by opting out of Nielsen measurement. Please click here to read about Facebook’s participation in Nielsen’s measurement services. Please click here for more information about Nielsen digital measurement products and here to learn how to opt out of Nielsen measurement services.
If you opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on our Web Site, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you. These online advertising efforts on the Web Site do not result in you seeing more advertisements, just more relevant advertising, and they allow us to provide you with free content and services. We hope you value our efforts to show you content and advertising that more closely reflects your interests.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT OF EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
The Web Site may contain web pages through which you can correct or update some of the personal information you have provided to us through registration with the Web Site or through which you may be able to unsubscribe from or modify the marketing emails or similar communications from the Web Site. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you have made any public posting, such as in a Public Area, these communications generally will not be removed. With regard to marketing emails and similar communications you may receive from us, you may tell us you no longer want to receive these emails from the Web Site by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those communications. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Web Site, such as administrative and services announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC AREAS OF THE WEB SITE AND USER CONTENT
The Web Site may provide features that allow or enable you to create a public profile which may include information such as your photo, name, contact information, and other information that you choose to post publicly ("Profile").
You also may have the ability to interact and communicate other members on the Web Site. Please use caution when interacting and communicating with people that you do not know personally. Please note that Company cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Therefore, use caution when including personal information in User Content or a Public Area or any message that you send using the Web Site or electing to personal information in your Profile viewable to other members.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Web Site is operated in the United States and we do not intend to collect Personal Information from users residing outside the United States or Canada. If you are located outside of the United States (including, without limitation, within the European Union), please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Web Site or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and you agree that the laws of the United States and the State of California will apply.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
The Web Site is a general audience web site. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) on the Web Site and we will delete any information later determined to be from a user younger than thirteen (13).
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request by email to email@example.com or write to us at Stage 29 Productions, LLC, Attn: Legal, 2401 Colorado Avenue, Suite 500E, Santa Monica, CA 90404-3585. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.